ASCLS serves as the voice of all clinical laboratory professionals, creating a vision for the advancement of the clinical laboratory practice field, and advocating the value and the role of the profession ensuring safe, effective, efficient, equitable, and patient centered health care.
- Promoting the value of the profession to healthcare and the public;
- Uniting the profession to speak with one voice;
- Advocating on behalf of the profession;
- Promoting professional independence;
- Enhancing quality standards and patient safety;
- Ensuring workplace safety;
- Providing professional development opportunities;
- Promoting expanded roles and contributions of clinical laboratory professionals to the healthcare team;
- Increasing the diversity in the profession and expanding the voice and role of under-represented individuals and groups.